Baggage assistance and delivery
Choose to have your baggage transported to the airport: we provide baggage pick-up and delivery services to and from your home. Upon your arrival in Paris, we can also have your baggage delivered immediately to the address of your choice.
Traveling with special baggage such as a pushchair, car seat or baby carriage? Our partner Airshells offers protective cases for rent during your trip.
Receive assistance from an Air France staff member throughout your journey at the Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Paris-Orly, Nice and Bordeaux airports. For departures, arrivals and during connecting flights, you will be personally greeted by our staff member who will facilitate your passage through the security checkpoints.
You can request a bassinet on long-haul flights in the Business, Premium Economy and Economy cabins, subject to availability. Bassinets are designed for infants weighing less than 10 kg / 22 lbs and measuring less than 70 cm / 27 in.
To check availability and submit your request for a bassinet, please contact us by phone as soon as possible after booking your flight, and at least 48 hours before your departure. If you reserved a seat for your infant, we recommend that you use a regulation-sized car seat to ensure his or her comfort.
In Première, Business and Premium Economy cabins on long-haul flights, a baby kit is available for parents traveling with children under 2 years of age. This kit contains a bib, a diaper, Nivea wipes and more!
For children aged 9-11 years, you can order a children's meal, up to 48 hours before departure. If not, your child will be served an adult meal!
If you're traveling with an infant aged 0-23 months, we recommend that you bring enough feeding bottles and food for the entire journey. You can also order a meal made up of sweet and savory organic pots and baby biscuits, up to 48 hours before departure.
A la Carte Menus
Want to enjoy a taste of fine dining during your flight? Choose one of our A la Carte Menus: Tradition, ”Une Sélection LENÔTRE“, Italia or Ocean. Available on most of our long-haul flights in the Premium Economy and Economy cabins, our A la Carte Menus enable you to choose a meal suited to your tastes.
* Except flights to/from Tunis and Yerevan.
- Avoid travel if your infant is ill.
- Bring enough bottles and food for the trip.
- Please remember to bring the items you need for changing your infant (diapers, wipes, etc.).
- Make sure your infant drinks amply during the trip.
- Prior to departure, please remember to make sure you have all your child's documents required by the police, customs agents and immigration officers at your destination country.
- If you are bringing a stroller on board, please remember to affix a label displaying your contact information (name, address, phone number and e-mail).
- If your child is receiving medical treatment or suffers from travel sickness, please remember to bring his or her medical record and medications.
- Choose comfortable and warm clothing (sweaters and socks).
- During take-off and landing, give your child a piece of candy or chewing gum, or a pacifier, bottle, lollipop or cookie for infants, to reduce possible earaches.
Please note: if you are traveling with your child but they do not have the same surname as you, bring the family booklet or birth certificate to prove your affiliation.
The child and the accompanying passenger must travel in the same cabin. If this is not the case, the child is considered an unaccompanied minor (UM).
A passenger may accompany 2 infants (under 2 years of age). In this case, the booking must be made by telephone. One of the 2 infants must occupy an individual seat reserved at the child fare, and must be strapped into an approved infant car seat or carrier.
* Up to 12 years of age for flights within metropolitan France and flights to/from French overseas departments and territories, and up to 15 years of age for international flights.
- 15% on short-haul flights,
- 33% on medium- and long-haul flights.
If your child is under 2 years of age:
- he or she can travel on your lap at no extra charge on flights within metropolitan France, or at a reduced fare on international flights,
- you can also reserve a seat for your infant and benefit from the fare reduction listed above.
Please note: you must reserve a seat for your infant if you are traveling in the La Première cabin.
If your child turns 2 years old during your trip, the child discount applies to all the flights in your itinerary. The infant discount does not apply in this case.
- a hand baggage item up to 12 kg / 26.4 lb and whose dimensions do not exceed 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm / 21 in x 13 in x 9 in,
- an additional baggage item weighing up to 10 kg (except Light fare tickets, which require an additional fee to transport baggage in the hold).
- Small foldable stroller:* dimensions cannot exceed 15 cm x 30 cm x 100 cm / 5.9 in x 11.8 in x 39.4 in
- Other foldable stroller: this replaces the hand baggage allowance for infants and its dimensions cannot exceed: 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm / 21.7 in x 13.8 in x 9.8 in
Please note: strollers must be packed in a carrying case that covers the stroller fully. In addition, for security reasons, some airports may have to deny access to strollers inside the boarding areas.
* Space permitting on long-haul flights, except between metropolitan France and Cayenne, Fort-de-France, Havana, Mauritius, Pointe-à-Pitre, Punta Cana, Reunion, Saint-Martin and Santo Domingo.